Hi. My name is Laura Brunow Miner.
I do things:
- Freelance on design, editorial, and event-based projects.
- Spoke about “What Camp has Taught Me about Communities” at Do Lectures in Wales (video coming soon)
- Wrote about editorial design on the web for the TypeKit blog: "Is Anyone Paying Attention?"
- Helped judge Blurb’s 2011 Photography Book Now competition
- Spoke about "Why We Work" at the first Creative Mornings San Francisco
- Spoke about community editorial at the Online News Association Conference
- Named as a “Hot 20 Under 40" in San Francisco by 7x7 Magazine in October 2010
- Included in “Most Influential Women in Tech" list by Fast Company Magazine in May 2010
- Founded, designed, and continue to edit online magazine Pictory.
- Run creative retreats like Phoot Camp and Eat Retreat.
- Wrote "Coaching a Community" for A List Apart.
- Ran JPG Magazine (as editor in chief).
- Designed JPG Magazine (as design director).
- Married Wilson Miner.
- Moved to San Francisco.
- Worked as a marketing designer for Gould Evans in Lawrence, Kansas.
- Joined Flickr, Twitter, LinkedIn.
I blog about photography, community editorial, design, the internet, media, art, people-powered websites, and less than 2% foodfuntravelcatswaterkayakingwhiskeyhammocksmoviesother.
You can contact me at laura (at) pictorymag.com.
(photo by Mark Lobo)